A heightened sense of outward authority, an interior brimming with detail refinements, the efficiency-enhancing influence of electrification and cutting-edge innovations in the areas of driver assistance, control/operation and connectivity help the new BMW 5 Series to cement its leading position at the premium end of the executive class.
- Premiere for the new BMW 5 Series: extensively updated exterior design with heightened presence and sporting allure, further enhanced premium feel for the interior, increased efficiency and dynamism through drive system electrification, cutting-edge innovations in the areas of driver assistance, control/operation and connectivity.
- New chapter in the successful history of the BMW 5 Series (first introduced in 1972); worldwide sales of the current model generation have topped 600,000 units. Market launch of the new BMW 5 Series Sedan and new BMW 5 Series Touring from July 2020.
- New, eye-catching design accents, clearly structured surfaces at the front and rear, newly designed BMW kidney grille now wider and taller, new LED headlights with slimmer contours, Adaptive LED Headlights with matrix technology added to the options list, BMW Laserlight now available as an option for all model variants, new three-dimensional sculpted rear lights, all model variants now with trapezoidal exhaust tailpipe finishers.
- New exterior colours and additional BMW Individual paint finishes, M Sport package with new and muscular design features, additional model-specific accents for the flagship BMW M550i xDrive Sedan.
- Interior design with detail refinements, optional 12.3 inch Control Display, automatic climate control with extended features and sports leather steering wheel with newly arranged multifunction buttons. Controls on the centre console now in High-gloss Black. New Sensatec perforated trim variant for the seat surfaces; comfort seats and new M multifunction seats with optimised seating comfort, new interior trim strips.
- BMW 5 Series M Sport Edition: special-edition version of the new BMW 5 Series Sedan and new BMW 5 Series Touring available from launch in a limited run of 1,000 units.
- Further developed BMW TwinPower Turbo technology: four and six cylinder petrol engines with optimised petrol injection; all diesel engines now with two-stage turbocharging. All four and six cylinder model variants now meet the Euro 6d emissions standard.
- Optional Integral Active Steering offers greater assistance in low-speed manoeuvring; new version of chassis system now also available for plug-in hybrid models.
- New driver assistance systems and extended functions pave the way for automated driving: Lane Departure Warning – part of the optional Driving Assistant – now also with lane return function; new optional Driving Assistant Professional now includes Active Navigation with the help of the Lane Change Assistant, automatic formation of emergency lane and junction warning (now with city braking) functions. 3D visualisation of the surrounding area shows traffic situations and possible interventions by the driver assistance systems in the instrument cluster.
- Premiere for BMW Maps: new cloud-based navigation system offers extremely fast and precise calculation of routes and arrival times. Real-time traffic data updates at short intervals, driver can now enter any word when selecting a destination.
BMW 520i Sedan:
Four-cylinder in-line petrol engine, mild hybrid technology, eight-speed Steptronic transmission. Capacity: 1,998 cc, output: 135 kw/184 hp at 5,000-6,500 rpm, max. Torque: 290 Nm (214 lb-ft) at 1,350-4,250 rpm. Acceleration [0-100 km/h (62 mph)]: 7.9 seconds, top speed: 235 km/h (146 mph). Fuel consumption, combined: 5.5-5.3 l/100 km (51.4-53.3 mpg imp), CO2 emissions from fuel, combined: 125-120 g/km, exhaust standard: Euro 6d.